The Penn State SBDC works with student entrepreneurs every day who are interested in exploring how to turn an idea into a business. Read this article from Penn State News about some local resources.
Penn State students have several entrepreneurship options:
- Start a business (possibly one that you worked on during a Penn State entrepreneurship class) Contact Linda Feltman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Riden at email@example.com to begin.
- Join an entrepreneurship-related student organization such as Innoblue or Nittany Consulting Group.
- Earn a minor in entrepreneurship. More information is at ENTI minor.
- Enter a competition: Inc.U, Idea Pitch, 3DS, HackPSU, Ag Springboard Competition, and many others at Penn State and in the Centre Region.
If you are thinking about starting a business, the Penn State SBDC can provide no cost, confidential assistance to you. Some start-up services that we provide include:
- Market analysis and competitive research
- Business planning
- Business viability assessment
- Technology commercialization
Interested? What’s next?
Watch for major events each year that encompass many facets of student entrepreneurship opportunities:
Connecting with the Penn State SBDC