(On Demand) Unlock the Power of AI and ChatGPT for Your Small Business
Join Penn State SBDC for a dynamic seminar tailored for small business owners. Led by Cameron Nelson, an advisor with the Virginia SBDC and owner of Tenzing Startup Consulting, this event will demystify artificial intelligence and ChatGPT, showing you how they can revolutionize your business.
Discover how ChatGPT can elevate your marketing efforts, transforming communication and content creation. Learn how to seamlessly integrate AI on your website to enhance user experiences and streamline tasks.
Cameron has 20 years of experience developing technology strategies for Fortune 500 businesses and startups. As the founder of Tenzing Startup Consultants and Chief Digital Advisor for Small Business Development Centers across the country, he has advised hundreds of businesses and startups on technology issues. Cameron also founded a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environmental website for tree preservation, and a blockchain platform for nonprofits. Formerly, he was a senior technology consultant for PwC in Silicon Valley. He mentored startups through the AWS Startup Loft Accelerator, i.Lab@UVA, and Shenandoah Community Capital Fund.
Sponsored by Ben Franklin Technology Partners Learning Center and Happy Valley LaunchBox powered by PNC Bank.
The First Steps to Small Business Success
Tuesday, December 12 at 9:00 am
Join us for our monthly seminar/webinar designed for people who are thinking about starting a business or are in the early stages of starting. Our small business experts will share the key aspects of starting a business and help you determine if you’re ready to start a business. The First Step to Small Business Success is being offered as an in-person program with an online/streaming option.
Topics covered include:
- Business structures
- How to assess the feasibility of your business idea
- Legal and tax implications of owning a business
- How to develop a business plan
- Funding options and how to compile a bank-ready financial package
- How to market your product or service
- Health and safety regulations that may apply to your business
- Where to find other resources that may help you succeed
Sponsored by: SCORE Mentors of Central PA
This event is offered in-person and virtually.
(On-Demand) Ag Grant Best Practices Webinar: Your Opportunity to Learn & Ask About Grant Opportunities
Thursday, February 21 through Friday, May 31
The Ag Center of Excellence at the PA Small Business Development Center is hosting a free, on-demand, informal grant panel discussion for new and existing agricultural entities. This is your opportunity to learn about grant opportunities in the state and learn the process for grant application that you can use to build, diversify and grow your business.
Key Take Away:
• Where to find grant opportunities
• Determine if you/your operation is a good fit for a grant
• Preparing forms & other materials necessary for application
• Resources available to assist with application process
Learn about grant best practices from:
• Pennsylvania Deaprtment of Agriculture – Ag Business Development Center
• PA Center for Beef Excellence
• PA Center for Dairy Excellence
• Penn State Extension
• Chester County Economic Development Center AgConnect
• Horizon Farm Credit
Register to receive on-demand link.
(On Demand) Export Sales & Finance Workshop
Wednesday, March 22 at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
When companies export products or services, long payment terms can often create working capital challenges. The upfront cost of producing, shipping, and delivering the goods can be tricky for businesses to manage. Export finance helps businesses release working capital from cross-border or domestic trade transactions that would otherwise be tied up in invoices or purchase orders (for up to 180 days). Export finance is a form of specialist trade finance that can help a business grow and sell to a larger market.
Organized by the Small Business Association and the PA Small Business Development Center, this is an interactive, practical workshop to assist new and existing exporters understand how to grow exports and finance sales, utilizing PA and U.S. government programs with commercial bank financing. We encourage interaction with attendees and panelist, especially using case studies and success stories to illustrate the example. The workshop will be offered in person and virtually.
The Digital Marketing Blueprint: Effective Strategies for Small Business Success
Join us for a 10-part marketing series where you'll learn everything you need to know about successfully marketing a small business. Each session consists of a 45-minute virtual component followed by a 90-minute hands-on workshop where you'll apply what you learned and walk away prepared to implement immediately. Don't miss this chance to take your marketing skills to the next level and grow your business!
- Session Two: Establishing a Compelling Online Presence – On Demand
- Session Three: Crafting a Winning Marketing Strategy – On Demand
- Session Four: Developing a Small Business Social Media Strategy – On Demand
- Session Five: Creating Engaging Social Media Content – On Demand
- Session Six: Designing Professional Marketing Materials with Canva – On Demand
- Session Seven: Architecting a Business Website – On Demand
- Session Eight: Constructing Effective Email Campaigns – On Demand
- Session Nine: Producing Small Business Video Content – On Demand
- Session Ten: Blogging for Enhanced SEO
- Virtual Training Date: December 13